Marklin 7286 motor with 2 opposite zener diodes 4V7

Forum für den "neuen" Drehscheiben-Dekoder DSD2010
Link zum Projekt: http://www.digital-bahn.de/bau_ds2010/d ... onzept.htm
Antworten
efl045
Marklin 7286 motor with 2 opposite zener diodes 4V7

Beitrag von efl045 » So 30. Nov 2014, 21:41

Hi,

I have a Märklin 7286 drehscheibe with 2 'opposite' 4V7 zener diodes in series with the motor, so the motor seems to be a model for a somewhat lower then 'standard' voltage.
Should I remove them (maybe for a better motor torque) and is the 'over-power' compensated by the PWM signal?
Or is it better to leave them in series with the motor (for reducing the peak motor curent)?
This case seems not to be documented yet, nor in the manual, nor on the forum (or I did not find it...)

With kind regards,

Franky
Dateianhänge
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

tocoball
Re: Marklin 7286 motor with 2 opposite zener diodes 4V7

Beitrag von tocoball » Fr 2. Jan 2015, 17:17

Hi,

the motor on the DSD2010 will be connected directly to the turntable PCB.
All diodes as shown on your pictures must be removed completely.

These are used only by the original Märklin device.

Anyway the original motor will not make you happy. Its power is far too low as it uses only the availble 15V. (18V is the source voltage on board)
With original Märklin switch (not digital module) its powered by almost 30V. (20V AC with bridge rectifier). That's why it runs with the old equipment very well.

I use a motor from a motorrised turnout device (Pilz). It need mechanical motification on the turntable bridge but runs perfect. (After done no way back!)

Hope I could help.
Holger
Viele Grüße

Holger

efl045
Re: Marklin 7286 motor with 2 opposite zener diodes 4V7

Beitrag von efl045 » Mi 7. Jan 2015, 06:14

Holger, sorry, for the moment I did not even assemble the board, I am very busy in an other project for the moment, so testing will be for (much) later.
Anyway I will test with and without de zeners and give feedback here.
The TT runs now fine with the Märklin decoder so I do not expect great problems with the original motor.
If power is somewhat to low with the zener diodes I have some spare range, without the zeners the motor power will be higher.
To be continued.

Antworten