Wrong positioning when turning right

Forum für den "neuen" Drehscheiben-Dekoder DSD2010
Link zum Projekt: http://www.digital-bahn.de/bau_ds2010/d ... onzept.htm
plut
Wrong positioning when turning right

Beitrag von plut » Fr 5. Jun 2020, 21:31

My system: Marklin CS1; TC 9 Gold, turntable Marklin adapted for DSD2010, brand new Mashima motor from Digital-Bahn, new reflector disk.

My turntable has good positioning when turning left, but it stops always earlier when turning right.

At the beginning it stopped earlier of half-track, now, after some almost casual playing with "filter_s" and "filter_t" parameters, it stops earlier of 1-2 millimetres, not much but enough to cause the passing loco to derail and produce a short circuit.

Any suggestion?

1) Would it be possible to have it turning always left? (not an elegant solution, however)

2) I have read the post of Sven about the meaning of fIlter_s and filter_t but, due to the Google translation; I haven't understood much, can they be the solution when properly used?

3) I have not glued the small axis inside the mechanism to prevent any "spiel": might it be the problem as I have read on a post?

4) sometimes the bridge stops during movement with no apparent reason.

Thanks to all who might help
Andrea

Sven
Administrator

Beitrag von Sven » Mo 8. Jun 2020, 11:29

Hello
plut hat geschrieben: Fr 5. Jun 2020, 21:31 At the beginning it stopped earlier of half-track, now, after some almost casual playing with "filter_s" and "filter_t" parameters, it stops earlier of 1-2 millimetres, not much but enough to cause the passing loco to derail and produce a short circuit.

Any suggestion?
what values do you have? The problem might be caused because your sensor is not in the center. Or it might no be able to "see" in both directions the same way, so it has a problem to "see" the white area when turning right.
plut hat geschrieben: Fr 5. Jun 2020, 21:31 1) Would it be possible to have it turning always left? (not an elegant solution, however)
Possible, if you set all "RIGHT" Commands (DIR, STEP, TURN) to the same address as the LEFT commands. So no matter if the DSD gets the command to turn Right or Left it will always turn left. But TC might be confused that turning one step right will take such a long time (47 Steps left), so this is not a very nice solution...
plut hat geschrieben: Fr 5. Jun 2020, 21:31 2) I have read the post of Sven about the meaning of fIlter_s and filter_t but, due to the Google translation; I haven't understood much, can they be the solution when properly used?
no. Use "Pos.Erkennung" instead. If you have early stops during RIGHT turning, decrease "Pos.Erkennung R" e.g. to "20".
plut hat geschrieben: Fr 5. Jun 2020, 21:31 3) I have not glued the small axis inside the mechanism to prevent any "spiel": might it be the problem as I have read on a post?
The "Spiel" does not matter for DSD because the "Spiel" is between motor an reflektor. But the measurement is at the reflektor and there is no "Spiel" between reflektor and track. So measuring the position at the reflektor is directly the position of the track
plut hat geschrieben: Fr 5. Jun 2020, 21:31 4) sometimes the bridge stops during movement with no apparent reason.
Please check panel "Diagnose" for any errors if you have this effect

Sven

plut
Re: Wrong positioning when turning right

Beitrag von plut » Mo 8. Jun 2020, 17:10

Thank you Sven for your reply.

I have increased the "right low speed" with some good results, but not always acceptable.

I attach two screenshots taken at full speed: the first when turning left, the second when turning right.
However, in these tests there were no random stops. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce them at will.
left turn.JPG
right turn.JPG
Last is a screenshot of my parameters.
parameters.JPG
Can the "spiel" be the reason of the random stops? The bridge is stopped but the motor is clearly running, as if the mechanism had lost physical contact.

Best regards
Andrea

plut

Beitrag von plut » Mo 8. Jun 2020, 17:23

Here an example of a stop, this time just at start.
stop.JPG
Thanks
Andrea

plut

Beitrag von plut » Do 16. Sep 2021, 15:16

Possible, if you set all "RIGHT" Commands (DIR, STEP, TURN) to the same address as the LEFT commands. So no matter if the DSD gets the command to turn Right or Left it will always turn left. But TC might be confused that turning one step right will take such a long time (47 Steps left), so this is not a very nice solution...
Dear Sven, my turntable keeps a wrong positioning when turning right (maybe less than two millimeters), so I prefer to have it to turn only left side.
I have not the problem of TC timing because I use the "done" feedback and not a predefined time.
What I do not understand (sorry) is how to concretely define the addresses in the way you suggest (in DSD tracks definition I suppose, or in TC?). Please explain it with other words or, even better, a graphic example. Thanks

wuwesso

Beitrag von wuwesso » Mo 20. Sep 2021, 13:47

Hello Andrea,
What I do not understand (sorry) is how to concretely define the addresses in the way you suggest (in DSD tracks definition I suppose, or in TC?). Please explain it with other words or, even better, a graphic example.
Hope, this link will help you.
https://www.tc-wiki.de/images/3/3d/Einr ... C_Gold.pdf

Regards
Wolf Ulrich
MoBaSbs, TAMS-MC, Märklin-M, MM, TC-Gold, DSD-2010 mit *Anzeigemodul* für Mä-7286

wuwesso

Beitrag von wuwesso » Di 21. Sep 2021, 15:46

Hello Andrea,

by the way:
the DSD-Software version 23.Nov.2019 has some bugs and do not work correkt in adress-configuration.
This version is no longer in the Download-Area.
It's better to work with DSD-Software V0.69 !

Regards
Wolf Ulrich
MoBaSbs, TAMS-MC, Märklin-M, MM, TC-Gold, DSD-2010 mit *Anzeigemodul* für Mä-7286

plut

Beitrag von plut » Mo 27. Sep 2021, 21:20

starting point before turning one position to the left
starting point before turning one position to the left
one position to the left reached
one position to the left reached
back one position to the right: clearly WRONG position
back one position to the right: clearly WRONG position
Please let me know how to correct OR else how to have the platform to turn ALWAYS to the left (the only turn that works perfectly)

thanks

brandse

Beitrag von brandse » Mo 27. Sep 2021, 22:07

Hallo,
In parking position the white mark has to be centered. Why is your sensor before the white mark, and not on it?
Is your sensor really connected correctly?
Geeets,
Guido

plut

Beitrag von plut » Di 28. Sep 2021, 19:41

Why is your sensor before the white mark, and not on it?
Is your sensor really connected correctly?
I do not know. However, when turning to the left, it works and the rails are well aligned.

I'll be grateful for any contribution to solve the problem

Antworten