slack between metal shaft and plastic gear

Forum für den "neuen" Drehscheiben-Dekoder DSD2010
Link zum Projekt: http://www.digital-bahn.de/bau_ds2010/d ... onzept.htm
Antworten
plut
slack between metal shaft and plastic gear

Beitrag von plut » So 29. Aug 2021, 11:17

In my mechanism that moves the platform, there is too much "slack" (hope is the right English word) between the metal shaft and the small black plastic gear.

For "metal shaft" I mean the vertical shaft that brings the motion vertically down, to the round metal gear that moves the "Antriebsrad" under the optical sensor.

At the minimum resistance, the black plastic gear correctly rotates, but it does not transmit the movement coming from the motor to the metal shaft; as a result, the platform does not move against the wall of the pit.

The motor is a brand new Mashima and it works correctly.

Thanks for any suggestion
Andrea

wuwesso
Re: slack between metal shaft and plastic gear

Beitrag von wuwesso » Mo 30. Aug 2021, 15:51

Hello,
it's a good idea to use Screws locking varnish.
Google Search: loctite schraubensicherung
Put it on the cleaned metall shaft before you will mount the plastic gear.
Wait some time after that.

Much luck
Wolf Ulrich
MoBaSbs, TAMS-MC, Märklin-M, MM, TC-Gold, DSD-2010 mit *Anzeigemodul* für Mä-7286

Sven
Administrator

Beitrag von Sven » Sa 18. Sep 2021, 12:29

Hello,

the "slack" has no influence at all - don't care about this. There ist no slack from the sensor input and the position. the slack from motor to sensor is not interesting.
Sven

plut

Beitrag von plut » So 19. Sep 2021, 10:30

Sven hat geschrieben: Sa 18. Sep 2021, 12:29 Hello,

the "slack" has no influence at all - don't care about this. There ist no slack from the sensor input and the position. the slack from motor to sensor is not interesting.
Sven
My explanation was not very clear: the "slack" was not between sensor input and motor, but inside the whole mechanism, as a result, the electric motor was turning but the bridge was not moving at all.

Following the good suggestion of Wuwesso "it's a good idea to use Screws locking varnish" I have used Loctite 648: it works perfectly. Now the vertical metal shaft and the plastic gear turn steadily together, transmitting correctly the motion coming from the electric motor

Thanks to all

Antworten